14 April, 2012

Seriously preparing...

Good evening,
Okay, so, now I'm really preparing for my trip to Anaktuvuk Pass. I've just started packing, and it's going well! Of course, I have not actually packed anything, I've just set out everything to be packed. My goal is to fit everything in one hiking backpack and a Pelican case... We will see what happens... I'm trying to pack light, but I also want to be prepared for almost anything (tundra exploration, perhaps?), so I'm bringing snow pants and boots in addition to regular clothes.
We were told to bring some food as well; hopefully Cliff bars, trail mix, and beef jerky will be enough sustenance.  As for sleeping, the other intern and I (from now on, she will be referred to as "Bri" :] ) will be staying in the school... which means a sleeping bag, sleeping pad (floors are hard!), a towel, shower shoes, and my pillow pet. Just kidding about that last part, I don't think I'll have room :[
Aside from toiletries, my last items include my computer, camera, phone (I doubt I'll have phone service, but rumor has it there will be internet so I might have some down time to play "Draw Something"), notebook, writing utensil (sounds like I'm writing a lesson plan... hah), and all the corresponding batteries and chargers!

Just noticed that I leave in approximately 12 hours. EEEE!! :D

I bid you goodnight, dear blog-reader, as I've been challenged by my pile of clothes...




No comments:

Post a Comment