18 April, 2012

17 or 38?

One of our 5th graders asked me the other day how old I am. I said to him, "How old do I look?" And then a guessing game began. He said 18, another girl guessed 17 (!), another said 25, and a quiet one shot in a 38 (!!!). Almost every number was guessed EXCEPT 22... I think they were messing with my head...

Moving on... today we worked more on our puppets. It was a SUPER small class-only six today-but we managed to get quite a bit of work done. Tomorrow is the big day. Bri plans to video tape the shows, but I'll stick with my good ol' Sony Cybershot. The students had to finish up some state testing, so most of today was just working on the puppets and doing some math. Every Wednesday, teachers have a staff meeting after school and the students get out an hour early (3, instead of 4). Nothing exciting to report in that area.

Bri and I told a few teachers about our hiking experience yesterday, and every one of them suggested walking out to the dump... so that was our adventure for today! I know, the dump doesn't sound very glamorous, and I've already received a chunk of crap (heh) from Alexander Hanson... But, in this case, as in many others, it was not the destination, but the journey. There and back is a total of 5 miles filled with glorious mountains, nice walking surfaces (as in, not knee-deep snow), and wonderful sun! My face got sunburned, I kid you not. It was probably in the 25-35 temp range, but the wind was relentless today; she cut right through our clothes. My bum was red for an hour or so after we got back... :/ Nevertheless, the views were worth the cold. ANNNND, the dump really wasn't all that bad looking.  When we got back, Bri was nice enough to cook for me :) We had spaghetti (angel hairs) with garlicbutterredsauce, hot chocolate, and cookies. I provided the cookies-elvish kind. It was a super duper way to end a super duper day.

Oh yea, here are some pics, yo:



































If you can't see the picture that well, this is the cemetery.


















End of the road. After this, you're oyo (on your own).

















Some of our students playing "Around the World"... making 3-pointers like pros. I think we will challenge them to a game tomorrow...



2 comments:

  1. Alicia, I love to read your blog and see the photos. You are very good at describing your experience. So interesting! Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! I'm glad you are enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete