19 April, 2012

"I wanna be a billionaire so... bad..."

That's the popular song in AKP these days. Every day, when our students get 15 minutes of free time (they all choose computer), they get on YouTube and play this song over and over and over. And over. And they sing out loud. It's pretty cute, buuut I'm not too fond of that song to begin with so you can imagine how I'm feeling during free time lol.

Our puppet show was a success! 2 from my group (of 4) were absent, but they still managed to pull it off perfectly. They don't get to do many art type projects because there isn't an art teacher (same with many villages), so they were pretty dang proud of their work. My two members even wanted to keep most of the puppets they made (we made shadow puppets, so they were just cut-outs from paper). Bri video taped the shows (there were three) so I'll post that link later.

We were thinking about hiking again today, but it's way cold, windy, and cloudy. So we may just stick with bingo.

One of the students was nice enough to show me this video; it's of some Nunamuit dancers. She said she would dance for us tomorrow :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN1Dv-BM2d0

I've also got some mo pics fo yo.

















"I'm so tired!"
"Did you go to bed before 1 am?"
"Yea, 12:55"

















Working on our puppets!

















The Pledge of Allegiance in Inupiaq



























(the top one says Aarigaa)








No comments:

Post a Comment